Full course description
The Digital Curation for Information (DCIP) Certificate Program [https://ischool.umd.edu/DCIP].
January 6 – February 14, 2020
With information growing at a rapid pace, organizations have a critical need for digital curation professionals to manage and preserve digital assets. The DCIP certificate program is designed for individuals currently in the library, archives, or digital curation field, or who are planning to enter it, but wish to enhance their digital skills. The program, through three online courses, takes you on a journey from introductory through advanced digital curation lessons while focusing on practical applications.
This is the program for you if you:
- Are in or entering the library, archives, or curation field
- Would like to advance your knowledge of digital curation skills and techniques
- Would like to boost your library, archives, or curation career
- World-renowned professors who are not only experts in next-generation technologies, but are helping to design them
- Prestigious institution, ranked #2 in the USA by TheBestSchools.org and #8 by US News & World Report
- Fully online to fit your schedule
- Designed to accommodate working professionals
- 3 courses, less than one year (January - August)
Your letter of interest should address:
- Your background and experience working in the digital field
- What particularly interests you in this field
- Why you want to complete the DCIP Certificate Program
- What you hope to achieve by completing this program
Content from the letters of interest will be used to tailor courses.
The application deadline is December 1, 2019, 11:59 pm.